These easy vegan blueberry pancakes are super healthy while still fluffy and delicious. I’ve always suspected that it’s possible to make healthy versions of desserts and other treats, and this blueberry pancake recipe confirms my suspicion!
This easy pancake recipe uses blueberries, apples, flax seeds, and whole wheat. The pancakes are also vegan, dairy-free and have no added sugar! (Unless, or course, you pour maple syrup all over them, but they are so moist and sweet to begin with that they don’t even need syrup – seriously!)
This blueberry pancake recipe is also super easy to make. The secret to making pancakes from scratch is to use your blender as your magic pancake assistant . . .
Easy Vegan Blueberry Pancakes
- 1 cup milk of your choice (I recommend using unsweetened So Delicious Coconut Milk)
- 1 Small apple (remove core and cut into quarters)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons vegan butter (Earth Balance works here, or you can also use sunflower or canola oil)
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (I recommend using Bob’s Red Mill whole Wheat Pastry Flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup blueberries (frozen blueberries will work here)
Put the first five ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth.
Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Slowly pour in the blended ingredients and whisk until everything is just mixed enough to be smooth – do not over-mix. Fold in blueberries and let sit for a few minutes while you heat your pan.
Cook pancakes in a hot pan on a little bit of cooking spray or oil, about 3 minutes on each side. Enjoy!